Auto Accident Lawyer Affton, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Affton, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Affton, MO area. Speak to an experienced Affton, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Affton, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Affton, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Affton, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Affton, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Affton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Affton, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Affton, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Affton, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Affton, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Affton, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Affton, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Affton, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Affton, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Affton, MO?
Once you are injured in a Affton, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Affton, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Affton, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Affton, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Affton, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Affton, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Affton, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Affton, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Affton, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Affton, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Affton, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm following an accident. According to the Burger Law Affton, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Affton, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Affton, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Affton, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Affton, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Affton, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Affton, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Affton, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Affton, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Affton, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Affton, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Affton, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Affton, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Affton, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Affton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Affton, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Affton, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Affton, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.