Auto Accident Lawyer Arnold, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Arnold, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Arnold, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Arnold, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Arnold, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Arnold, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Arnold, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Arnold, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Arnold, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Arnold, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Arnold, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Arnold, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Arnold, MO?
Although there are some potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Arnold, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Arnold, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Arnold, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Arnold, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Arnold, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Arnold, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Arnold, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Arnold, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Arnold, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Arnold, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Arnold, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Arnold, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Arnold, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Arnold, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Arnold, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Arnold, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. According to the Burger Law Arnold, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Arnold, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Arnold, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Arnold, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Arnold, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Arnold, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Arnold, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Arnold, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Arnold, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Arnold, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Arnold, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Arnold, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Arnold, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Arnold, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always make sure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Arnold, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other Arnold, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Arnold, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Arnold, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.