Auto Accident Lawyer Bolivar, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Bolivar, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Bolivar, MO area. Speak to an experienced Bolivar, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Bolivar, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Bolivar, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Bolivar, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Bolivar, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Bolivar, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Bolivar, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Bolivar, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Bolivar, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Bolivar, MO?
Although there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Bolivar, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Bolivar, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Bolivar, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Bolivar, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Bolivar, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Bolivar, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Bolivar, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Bolivar, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Bolivar, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Bolivar, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Bolivar, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Bolivar, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Bolivar, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Bolivar, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Bolivar, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Bolivar, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. Yet, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in Bolivar, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Bolivar, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Bolivar, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Bolivar, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Bolivar, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Bolivar, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Bolivar, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Bolivar, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Bolivar, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Bolivar, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Bolivar, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Bolivar, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Bolivar, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Bolivar, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Bolivar, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Bolivar, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Bolivar, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.