Auto Accident Lawyer Bonne Terre, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Bonne Terre, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Bonne Terre, MO area. Talk with an experienced Bonne Terre, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Bonne Terre, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Bonne Terre, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Bonne Terre, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Bonne Terre, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Bonne Terre, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Bonne Terre, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Bonne Terre, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Bonne Terre, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Bonne Terre, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Bonne Terre, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Bonne Terre, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Bonne Terre, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Bonne Terre, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Bonne Terre, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Bonne Terre, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Bonne Terre, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Bonne Terre, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Bonne Terre, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Bonne Terre, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Bonne Terre, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Bonne Terre, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Bonne Terre, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Bonne Terre, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the finest results from your claim in Bonne Terre, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Bonne Terre, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Bonne Terre, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Bonne Terre, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Bonne Terre, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Bonne Terre, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Bonne Terre, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Bonne Terre, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Bonne Terre, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Bonne Terre, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Bonne Terre, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Bonne Terre, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Bonne Terre, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.