Auto Accident Lawyer Boone County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Boone County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Boone County, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Boone County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Boone County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Boone County, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Boone County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Boone County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Boone County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Boone County, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Boone County, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Boone County, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Boone County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Boone County, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Boone County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Boone County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Boone County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Boone County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Boone County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Boone County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Boone County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Boone County, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Boone County, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Boone County, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Boone County, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Boone County, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Boone County, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Boone County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Boone County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to stay calm following an accident. According to the Burger Law Boone County, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Boone County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Boone County, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Boone County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Boone County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Boone County, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Boone County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Boone County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Boone County, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Boone County, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Boone County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Boone County, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Boone County, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Boone County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Boone County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other Boone County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Boone County, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Boone County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.