Auto Accident Lawyer Brookfield, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Brookfield, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Brookfield, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Brookfield, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Brookfield, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Brookfield, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Brookfield, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Brookfield, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Brookfield, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Brookfield, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Brookfield, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Brookfield, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Brookfield, MO?
Although there are several possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Brookfield, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Brookfield, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Brookfield, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Brookfield, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Brookfield, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Brookfield, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Brookfield, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Brookfield, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Brookfield, MO case right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Brookfield, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Brookfield, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Brookfield, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Brookfield, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Brookfield, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Brookfield, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Brookfield, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the finest results from your claim in Brookfield, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Brookfield, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Brookfield, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Brookfield, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Brookfield, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Brookfield, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is necessary to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Brookfield, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Brookfield, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Brookfield, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Brookfield, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Brookfield, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Brookfield, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Brookfield, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Brookfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Brookfield, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Brookfield, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Brookfield, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.