Auto Accident Lawyer California, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer California, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the California, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable California, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in California, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your California, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in California, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our California, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a California, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in California, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law California, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our California, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in California, MO?
Although there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of California, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the California, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in California, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our California, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in California, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a California, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in California, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in California, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your California, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in California, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your California, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in California, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled California, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive California, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the California, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in California, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to keep a level head following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the finest results from your claim in California, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a California, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the California, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in California, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your California, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the California, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in California, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in California, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in California, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the California, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law California, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the California, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in California, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law California, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near California, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our California, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in California, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.