Auto Accident Lawyer Camden County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Camden County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Camden County, MO area. Speak to an experienced Camden County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Camden County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Camden County, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Camden County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Camden County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Camden County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Camden County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Camden County, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Camden County, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Camden County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Camden County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Camden County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Camden County, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Camden County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Camden County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Camden County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Camden County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Camden County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Camden County, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Camden County, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Camden County, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Camden County, MO, they generate higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Camden County, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Camden County, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Camden County, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Camden County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Camden County, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Camden County, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Camden County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Camden County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Camden County, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Camden County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Camden County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Camden County, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Camden County, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Camden County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Camden County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Camden County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Camden County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Camden County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Camden County, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Camden County, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Camden County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.