Auto Accident Lawyer Cameron, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Cameron, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Cameron, MO area. Talk with an experienced Cameron, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Cameron, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Cameron, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Cameron, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Cameron, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Cameron, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Cameron, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Cameron, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Cameron, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Cameron, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Cameron, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Cameron, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Cameron, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Cameron, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Cameron, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Cameron, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Cameron, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Cameron, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Cameron, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Cameron, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Cameron, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Cameron, MO and higher medical expenses, they generate higher settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Cameron, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Cameron, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Cameron, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Cameron, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Cameron, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Cameron, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Cameron, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Cameron, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Cameron, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Cameron, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Cameron, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Cameron, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Cameron, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Cameron, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Cameron, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Cameron, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Cameron, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find a lawyer in Cameron, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Cameron, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Cameron, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Cameron, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Cameron, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.