Auto Accident Lawyer Carl Junction, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Carl Junction, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Carl Junction, MO area. Talk with an experienced Carl Junction, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Carl Junction, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Carl Junction, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Carl Junction, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Carl Junction, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Carl Junction, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Carl Junction, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Carl Junction, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Carl Junction, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Carl Junction, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Carl Junction, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Carl Junction, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Carl Junction, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Carl Junction, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Carl Junction, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Carl Junction, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Carl Junction, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Carl Junction, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Carl Junction, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Carl Junction, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Carl Junction, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Carl Junction, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Carl Junction, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Carl Junction, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Carl Junction, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Carl Junction, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is important to stay calm following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Carl Junction, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Carl Junction, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Carl Junction, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Carl Junction, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Carl Junction, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Carl Junction, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Carl Junction, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Carl Junction, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Carl Junction, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right attorney for the specifics of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Carl Junction, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Carl Junction, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Carl Junction, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Carl Junction, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our team always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Carl Junction, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Carl Junction, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Carl Junction, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Carl Junction, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.