Auto Accident Lawyer Carrollton, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Carrollton, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Carrollton, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Carrollton, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Carrollton, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Carrollton, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Carrollton, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Carrollton, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Carrollton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Carrollton, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Carrollton, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Carrollton, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Carrollton, MO?
Although there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Carrollton, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Carrollton, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Carrollton, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Carrollton, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Carrollton, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Carrollton, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Carrollton, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Carrollton, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Carrollton, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Carrollton, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Carrollton, MO auto crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Carrollton, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Carrollton, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Carrollton, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Carrollton, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Carrollton, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Carrollton, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the finest results from your claim in Carrollton, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Carrollton, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Carrollton, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Carrollton, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Carrollton, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Carrollton, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Carrollton, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Carrollton, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Carrollton, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Carrollton, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Carrollton, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Carrollton, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Carrollton, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. We always make sure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Carrollton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Carrollton, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Carrollton, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Carrollton, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.