Auto Accident Lawyer Cass County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Cass County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Cass County, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Cass County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Cass County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Cass County, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Cass County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Cass County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Cass County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Cass County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Cass County, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Cass County, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Cass County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Cass County, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Cass County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Cass County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Cass County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Cass County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Cass County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Cass County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Cass County, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Cass County, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Cass County, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Cass County, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Cass County, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Cass County, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Cass County, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Cass County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Cass County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Cass County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Cass County, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Cass County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Cass County, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Cass County, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Cass County, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Cass County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Cass County, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Cass County, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Cass County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Cass County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Cass County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Cass County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our attorneys always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Cass County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Cass County, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Cass County, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Cass County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.