Auto Accident Lawyer Clayton, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Clayton, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Clayton, MO area. Speak to an experienced Clayton, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Clayton, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Clayton, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Clayton, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Clayton, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Clayton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Clayton, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Clayton, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Clayton, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Clayton, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Clayton, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Clayton, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Clayton, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Clayton, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Clayton, MO?
Once you are injured in a Clayton, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Clayton, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Clayton, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Clayton, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Clayton, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Clayton, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Clayton, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Clayton, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Clayton, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Clayton, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Clayton, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Clayton, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in Clayton, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Clayton, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Clayton, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Clayton, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Clayton, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Clayton, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Clayton, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Clayton, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Clayton, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right attorney for the specifics of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Clayton, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Clayton, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Clayton, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Clayton, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Clayton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Clayton, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Clayton, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Clayton, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.