Auto Accident Lawyer Clinton County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Clinton County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Clinton County, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Clinton County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Clinton County, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Clinton County, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Clinton County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Clinton County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Clinton County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Clinton County, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Clinton County, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Clinton County, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Clinton County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Clinton County, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Clinton County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Clinton County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Clinton County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Clinton County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Clinton County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Clinton County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Clinton County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Clinton County, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Clinton County, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Clinton County, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Clinton County, MO, they generate bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Clinton County, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Clinton County, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Clinton County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Clinton County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Clinton County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Clinton County, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Clinton County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Clinton County, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Clinton County, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Clinton County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Clinton County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Clinton County, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Clinton County, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Clinton County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Clinton County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Clinton County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Clinton County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Clinton County, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Clinton County, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Clinton County, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Clinton County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.