Auto Accident Lawyer Clinton, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Clinton, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Clinton, MO area. Talk with an experienced Clinton, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Clinton, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Clinton, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Clinton, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Clinton, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Clinton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Clinton, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Clinton, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Clinton, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Clinton, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Clinton, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Clinton, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Clinton, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Clinton, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Clinton, MO?
Once you are injured in a Clinton, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Clinton, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Clinton, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Clinton, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Clinton, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Clinton, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Clinton, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Clinton, MO car crash lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Clinton, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Clinton, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Clinton, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Clinton, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Clinton, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Clinton, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Clinton, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Clinton, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Clinton, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Clinton, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Clinton, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Clinton, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Clinton, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Clinton, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Clinton, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Clinton, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Clinton, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Clinton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Clinton, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Clinton, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Clinton, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.