Auto Accident Lawyer Concordia, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Concordia, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Concordia, MO area. Talk with an experienced Concordia, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Concordia, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Concordia, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Concordia, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Concordia, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Concordia, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Concordia, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Concordia, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Concordia, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Concordia, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Concordia, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Concordia, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Concordia, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Concordia, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Concordia, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Concordia, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Concordia, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Concordia, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Concordia, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Concordia, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Concordia, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Concordia, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Concordia, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Concordia, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Concordia, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Concordia, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head following a crash. According to the Burger Law Concordia, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in Concordia, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Concordia, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Concordia, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Concordia, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Concordia, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Concordia, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Concordia, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Concordia, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Concordia, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Concordia, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Concordia, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Concordia, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Concordia, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Concordia, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Concordia, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Concordia, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Concordia, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.