Auto Accident Lawyer Crawford County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Crawford County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Crawford County, MO area. Speak to an experienced Crawford County, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Crawford County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Crawford County, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Crawford County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Crawford County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Crawford County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Crawford County, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Crawford County, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Crawford County, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Crawford County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Crawford County, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Crawford County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Crawford County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Crawford County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Crawford County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Crawford County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Crawford County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Crawford County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Crawford County, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Crawford County, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Crawford County, MO car accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Crawford County, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Crawford County, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Crawford County, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Crawford County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Crawford County, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Crawford County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Crawford County, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Crawford County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Crawford County, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Crawford County, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Crawford County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Crawford County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Crawford County, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Crawford County, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Crawford County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Crawford County, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Crawford County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Crawford County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Crawford County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other Crawford County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Crawford County, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Crawford County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.