Auto Accident Lawyer Cuba, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Cuba, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Cuba, MO area. Talk with an experienced Cuba, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Cuba, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Cuba, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Cuba, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Cuba, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Cuba, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Cuba, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Cuba, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Cuba, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Cuba, MO?
Although there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Cuba, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Cuba, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Cuba, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Cuba, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Cuba, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Cuba, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Cuba, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Cuba, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Cuba, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Cuba, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Cuba, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Cuba, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Cuba, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Cuba, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Cuba, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Cuba, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Cuba, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Cuba, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Cuba, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Cuba, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the crash. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Cuba, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Cuba, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Cuba, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Cuba, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Cuba, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Cuba, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Cuba, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Cuba, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in Cuba, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Cuba, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Cuba, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Cuba, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Cuba, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.