Auto Accident Lawyer Desloge, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Desloge, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Desloge, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Desloge, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Desloge, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Desloge, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Desloge, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Desloge, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Desloge, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Desloge, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Desloge, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Desloge, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Desloge, MO?
Although there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Desloge, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Desloge, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Desloge, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Desloge, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Desloge, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Desloge, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Desloge, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Desloge, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Desloge, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Desloge, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Desloge, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Desloge, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Desloge, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are occasions where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Desloge, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Desloge, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Desloge, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is important to stay calm following an accident. According to the Burger Law Desloge, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the finest results from your claim in Desloge, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Desloge, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Desloge, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Desloge, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Desloge, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Desloge, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Desloge, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Desloge, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Desloge, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Desloge, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Desloge, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Desloge, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Desloge, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Desloge, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Desloge, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Desloge, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Desloge, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.