Auto Accident Lawyer Dexter, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Dexter, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Dexter, MO area. Talk with an experienced Dexter, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Dexter, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Dexter, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Dexter, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Dexter, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Dexter, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Dexter, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Dexter, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Dexter, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Dexter, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Dexter, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Dexter, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Dexter, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Dexter, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Dexter, MO?
Once you are injured in a Dexter, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Dexter, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Dexter, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Dexter, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Dexter, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Dexter, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Dexter, MO and higher medical expenses, they generate bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Dexter, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Dexter, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Dexter, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Dexter, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Dexter, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Dexter, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Dexter, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Dexter, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Dexter, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Dexter, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Dexter, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Dexter, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Dexter, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Dexter, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Dexter, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Dexter, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Dexter, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Dexter, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Dexter, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Dexter, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Dexter, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.