Auto Accident Lawyer El Dorado Springs, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer El Dorado Springs, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the El Dorado Springs, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in El Dorado Springs, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in El Dorado Springs, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our El Dorado Springs, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a El Dorado Springs, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in El Dorado Springs, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in El Dorado Springs, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of El Dorado Springs, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the El Dorado Springs, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in El Dorado Springs, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our El Dorado Springs, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in El Dorado Springs, MO?
Once you are injured in a El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in El Dorado Springs, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in El Dorado Springs, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your El Dorado Springs, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in El Dorado Springs, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your El Dorado Springs, MO car accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in El Dorado Springs, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled El Dorado Springs, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive El Dorado Springs, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the El Dorado Springs, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in El Dorado Springs, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in El Dorado Springs, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the El Dorado Springs, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in El Dorado Springs, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the El Dorado Springs, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in El Dorado Springs, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in El Dorado Springs, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in El Dorado Springs, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the El Dorado Springs, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the El Dorado Springs, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find an attorney in El Dorado Springs, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law El Dorado Springs, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near El Dorado Springs, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our El Dorado Springs, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in El Dorado Springs, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.