Auto Accident Lawyer Eldon, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Eldon, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Eldon, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Eldon, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Eldon, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Eldon, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Eldon, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Eldon, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Eldon, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Eldon, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Eldon, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Eldon, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Eldon, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Eldon, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Eldon, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Eldon, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Eldon, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Eldon, MO?
Once you are injured in a Eldon, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Eldon, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Eldon, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Eldon, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Eldon, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Eldon, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Eldon, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Eldon, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Eldon, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Eldon, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Eldon, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Eldon, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Eldon, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Eldon, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Eldon, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Eldon, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Eldon, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Eldon, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Eldon, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Eldon, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Eldon, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Eldon, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Eldon, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Eldon, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Eldon, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Eldon, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Eldon, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Eldon, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.