Auto Accident Lawyer Eureka, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Eureka, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Eureka, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Eureka, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Eureka, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Eureka, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Eureka, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Eureka, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Eureka, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Eureka, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Eureka, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Eureka, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Eureka, MO?
Although there are several potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Eureka, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Eureka, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Eureka, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Eureka, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Eureka, MO?
Once you are injured in a Eureka, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Eureka, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Eureka, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Eureka, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Eureka, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Eureka, MO auto crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Eureka, MO and higher medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Eureka, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Eureka, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Eureka, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Eureka, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Eureka, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Eureka, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Eureka, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Eureka, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Eureka, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Eureka, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Eureka, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Eureka, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Eureka, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Eureka, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Eureka, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Eureka, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Eureka, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Eureka, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Eureka, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Eureka, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Eureka, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Eureka, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.