Auto Accident Lawyer Excelsior Springs, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Excelsior Springs, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Excelsior Springs, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Excelsior Springs, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Excelsior Springs, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Excelsior Springs, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Excelsior Springs, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Excelsior Springs, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Excelsior Springs, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Excelsior Springs, MO?
Although there are some potentially hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Excelsior Springs, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Excelsior Springs, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Excelsior Springs, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Excelsior Springs, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Excelsior Springs, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Excelsior Springs, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Excelsior Springs, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Excelsior Springs, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Excelsior Springs, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Excelsior Springs, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Excelsior Springs, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Excelsior Springs, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Excelsior Springs, MO attorney to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Excelsior Springs, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Excelsior Springs, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in Excelsior Springs, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Excelsior Springs, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Excelsior Springs, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Excelsior Springs, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Excelsior Springs, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Excelsior Springs, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Excelsior Springs, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you know what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Excelsior Springs, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Excelsior Springs, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Excelsior Springs, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Excelsior Springs, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.