Auto Accident Lawyer Ferguson, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Ferguson, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Ferguson, MO area. Speak to an experienced Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Ferguson, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Ferguson, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Ferguson, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Ferguson, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Ferguson, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Ferguson, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Ferguson, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Ferguson, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Ferguson, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Ferguson, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Ferguson, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Ferguson, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Ferguson, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Ferguson, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Ferguson, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Ferguson, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Ferguson, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Ferguson, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Ferguson, MO car accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Ferguson, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Ferguson, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Ferguson, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Ferguson, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Ferguson, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Ferguson, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Ferguson, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Ferguson, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Ferguson, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Ferguson, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Ferguson, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Ferguson, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Ferguson, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Ferguson, MO, it is important to do your homework and locate the right lawyer for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Ferguson, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Ferguson, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Ferguson, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always make sure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Ferguson, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Ferguson, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Ferguson, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.