Auto Accident Lawyer Festus, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Festus, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Festus, MO area. Talk with an experienced Festus, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Festus, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Festus, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Festus, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Festus, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Festus, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Festus, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Festus, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Festus, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Festus, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Festus, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Festus, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Festus, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Festus, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Festus, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Festus, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Festus, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Festus, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Festus, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Festus, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Festus, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Festus, MO and higher medical expenses, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Festus, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Festus, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Festus, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Festus, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Festus, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Festus, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Festus, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Festus, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Festus, MO car accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Festus, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Festus, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Festus, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Festus, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Festus, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Festus, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Festus, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Festus, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Festus, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Festus, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Festus, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Festus, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.