Auto Accident Lawyer Florissant, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Florissant, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Florissant, MO area. Talk with an experienced Florissant, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Florissant, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Florissant, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Florissant, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Florissant, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Florissant, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Florissant, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Florissant, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Florissant, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Florissant, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Florissant, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Florissant, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Florissant, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Florissant, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Florissant, MO?
Once you are injured in a Florissant, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Florissant, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Florissant, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Florissant, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Florissant, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Florissant, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Florissant, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Florissant, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Florissant, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Florissant, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Florissant, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is important to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Florissant, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the premier results from your claim in Florissant, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Florissant, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Florissant, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Florissant, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Florissant, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Florissant, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Florissant, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Florissant, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Florissant, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Florissant, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Florissant, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Florissant, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find a lawyer in Florissant, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you know what is going on with your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Florissant, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Florissant, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Florissant, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Florissant, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.