Auto Accident Lawyer Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Fort Leonard Wood, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Fort Leonard Wood, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Fort Leonard Wood, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Fort Leonard Wood, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Fort Leonard Wood, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Fort Leonard Wood, MO?
Although there are some possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Fort Leonard Wood, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Fort Leonard Wood, MO?
Once you are injured in a Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Fort Leonard Wood, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Fort Leonard Wood, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Fort Leonard Wood, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Fort Leonard Wood, MO car accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Fort Leonard Wood, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Fort Leonard Wood, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Fort Leonard Wood, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the finest results from your claim in Fort Leonard Wood, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Fort Leonard Wood, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Fort Leonard Wood, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Fort Leonard Wood, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the ideal lawyer for the specifics of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find a lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Fort Leonard Wood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Fort Leonard Wood, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Fort Leonard Wood, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.