Auto Accident Lawyer Fulton, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Fulton, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Fulton, MO area. Speak to an experienced Fulton, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Fulton, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Fulton, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Fulton, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Fulton, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Fulton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Fulton, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Fulton, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Fulton, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Fulton, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Fulton, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Fulton, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Fulton, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Fulton, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Fulton, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Fulton, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Fulton, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Fulton, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Fulton, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Fulton, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Fulton, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Fulton, MO, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Fulton, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Fulton, MO attorney to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Fulton, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Fulton, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Fulton, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Fulton, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Fulton, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Fulton, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Fulton, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Fulton, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Fulton, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is essential to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Fulton, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Fulton, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Fulton, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Fulton, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Fulton, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Fulton, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Fulton, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Fulton, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other Fulton, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Fulton, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Fulton, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.