Auto Accident Lawyer Garden City, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Garden City, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Garden City, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Garden City, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Garden City, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Garden City, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Garden City, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Garden City, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Garden City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Garden City, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Garden City, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Garden City, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Garden City, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Garden City, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Garden City, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Garden City, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Garden City, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Garden City, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Garden City, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Garden City, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Garden City, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Garden City, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Garden City, MO?
As the purpose of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Garden City, MO car accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Garden City, MO, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Garden City, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Garden City, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Garden City, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Garden City, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Garden City, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Garden City, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Garden City, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Garden City, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Garden City, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Garden City, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not experience symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Garden City, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Garden City, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Garden City, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Garden City, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Garden City, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Garden City, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Garden City, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. We always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Garden City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Garden City, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Garden City, MO auto accident lawyer team now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Garden City, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.