Auto Accident Lawyer Grain Valley, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Grain Valley, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Grain Valley, MO area. Talk with an experienced Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Grain Valley, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Grain Valley, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Grain Valley, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Grain Valley, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Grain Valley, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Grain Valley, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Grain Valley, MO?
Although there are several potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Grain Valley, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Grain Valley, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Grain Valley, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Grain Valley, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Grain Valley, MO?
Once you are injured in a Grain Valley, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Grain Valley, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Grain Valley, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Grain Valley, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Grain Valley, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Grain Valley, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Grain Valley, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are occasions when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Grain Valley, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Grain Valley, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Grain Valley, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in Grain Valley, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Grain Valley, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Grain Valley, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Grain Valley, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Grain Valley, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Grain Valley, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often mask pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Grain Valley, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Grain Valley, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Grain Valley, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the ideal attorney for the specifics of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Grain Valley, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Grain Valley, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Grain Valley, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Grain Valley, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Grain Valley, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Grain Valley, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Grain Valley, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.