Auto Accident Lawyer Greenwood, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Greenwood, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Greenwood, MO area. Speak to an experienced Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Greenwood, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Greenwood, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Greenwood, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Greenwood, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Greenwood, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Greenwood, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Greenwood, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Greenwood, MO?
Although there are some potentially dangerous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Greenwood, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Greenwood, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Greenwood, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Greenwood, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Greenwood, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Greenwood, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Greenwood, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Greenwood, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Greenwood, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Greenwood, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Greenwood, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Greenwood, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Greenwood, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Greenwood, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Greenwood, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Greenwood, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in Greenwood, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Greenwood, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Greenwood, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Greenwood, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the crash. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Greenwood, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Greenwood, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Greenwood, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Greenwood, MO, it is integral to do your homework and locate the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Greenwood, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Greenwood, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Greenwood, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Greenwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Greenwood, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Greenwood, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Greenwood, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.