Auto Accident Lawyer Hannibal, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Hannibal, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Hannibal, MO area. Speak to an experienced Hannibal, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Hannibal, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Hannibal, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Hannibal, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Hannibal, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Hannibal, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Hannibal, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Hannibal, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Hannibal, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Hannibal, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Hannibal, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Hannibal, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Hannibal, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Hannibal, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Hannibal, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Hannibal, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Hannibal, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Hannibal, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Hannibal, MO claim right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Hannibal, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Hannibal, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Hannibal, MO, they generate bigger settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Hannibal, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are times when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Hannibal, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Hannibal, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Hannibal, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Hannibal, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Hannibal, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Hannibal, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Hannibal, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Hannibal, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Hannibal, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Hannibal, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Hannibal, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Hannibal, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Hannibal, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Hannibal, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Hannibal, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Hannibal, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Hannibal, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Hannibal, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Hannibal, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Hannibal, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.