Auto Accident Lawyer Hazelwood, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Hazelwood, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Hazelwood, MO area. Talk with an experienced Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim might be worth in Hazelwood, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Hazelwood, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Hazelwood, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Hazelwood, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Hazelwood, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Hazelwood, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Hazelwood, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Hazelwood, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Hazelwood, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Hazelwood, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Hazelwood, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Hazelwood, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Hazelwood, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Hazelwood, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Hazelwood, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Hazelwood, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Hazelwood, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Hazelwood, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Hazelwood, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Hazelwood, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Hazelwood, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Hazelwood, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in Hazelwood, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Hazelwood, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Hazelwood, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Hazelwood, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Hazelwood, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Hazelwood, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Hazelwood, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Hazelwood, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the ideal lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Hazelwood, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Hazelwood, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Hazelwood, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Hazelwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Hazelwood, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Hazelwood, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Hazelwood, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.