Auto Accident Lawyer Holden, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Holden, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Holden, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Holden, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Holden, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Holden, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Holden, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Holden, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Holden, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Holden, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need and deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Holden, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Holden, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Holden, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Holden, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Holden, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Holden, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Holden, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Holden, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Holden, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Holden, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Holden, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Holden, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Holden, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Holden, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Holden, MO and higher medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Holden, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially to blame; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Holden, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Holden, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Holden, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Holden, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the premier results from your claim in Holden, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Holden, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Holden, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Holden, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Holden, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Holden, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. With some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Holden, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Holden, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Holden, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Holden, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Holden, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Holden, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find a lawyer in Holden, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our team always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Holden, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Holden, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Holden, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Holden, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.