Auto Accident Lawyer House Springs, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer House Springs, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the House Springs, MO area. Talk with an experienced House Springs, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in House Springs, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your House Springs, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in House Springs, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our House Springs, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a House Springs, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in House Springs, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law House Springs, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our House Springs, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in House Springs, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of House Springs, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the House Springs, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in House Springs, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our House Springs, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in House Springs, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a House Springs, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in House Springs, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a House Springs, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your House Springs, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in House Springs, MO?
As the meaning of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your House Springs, MO car crash lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in House Springs, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled House Springs, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled House Springs, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the House Springs, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in House Springs, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is important to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the premier results from your claim in House Springs, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a House Springs, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the House Springs, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in House Springs, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your House Springs, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the House Springs, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in House Springs, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in House Springs, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in House Springs, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the House Springs, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law House Springs, MO auto accident lawyers not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the House Springs, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in House Springs, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law House Springs, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near House Springs, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our House Springs, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in House Springs, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.