Auto Accident Lawyer Jackson, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Jackson, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Jackson, MO area. Speak to an experienced Jackson, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Jackson, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Jackson, MO car crash claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Jackson, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Jackson, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Jackson, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Jackson, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Jackson, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Jackson, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Jackson, MO?
Although there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Jackson, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Jackson, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Jackson, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Jackson, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Jackson, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Jackson, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Jackson, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Jackson, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Jackson, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Jackson, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Jackson, MO auto accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Jackson, MO, they generate higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Jackson, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Jackson, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Jackson, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Jackson, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Jackson, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Jackson, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Jackson, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Jackson, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the accident. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Jackson, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Jackson, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often mask pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in an auto accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Jackson, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Jackson, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Jackson, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Jackson, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Jackson, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Jackson, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find an attorney in Jackson, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Jackson, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Whether it is some other Jackson, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Jackson, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Jackson, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.