Auto Accident Lawyer Jefferson City, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Jefferson City, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Jefferson City, MO area. Speak to an experienced Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Jefferson City, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Jefferson City, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Jefferson City, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Jefferson City, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Jefferson City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Jefferson City, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Jefferson City, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Jefferson City, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Jefferson City, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Jefferson City, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Jefferson City, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Jefferson City, MO?
Once you are injured in a Jefferson City, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Jefferson City, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Jefferson City, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Jefferson City, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Jefferson City, MO auto crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Jefferson City, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Jefferson City, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Jefferson City, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Jefferson City, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is important to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Jefferson City, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Jefferson City, MO car crash is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Jefferson City, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Jefferson City, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the police arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Jefferson City, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Jefferson City, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Jefferson City, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Jefferson City, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Jefferson City, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Jefferson City, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Jefferson City, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Jefferson City, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find a lawyer in Jefferson City, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our attorneys always make sure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Jefferson City, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Jefferson City, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Jefferson City, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Jefferson City, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.