Auto Accident Lawyer Kearney, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Kearney, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Kearney, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Kearney, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Kearney, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Kearney, MO car crash claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Kearney, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Kearney, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Kearney, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Kearney, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Kearney, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Kearney, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Kearney, MO?
Although there are some potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the common causes of Kearney, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Kearney, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Kearney, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Kearney, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Kearney, MO?
Once you are injured in a Kearney, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Kearney, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Kearney, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Kearney, MO case right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Kearney, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Kearney, MO car crash attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Kearney, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Kearney, MO car crash lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Kearney, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Kearney, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Kearney, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Kearney, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Kearney, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other motor vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Kearney, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Kearney, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Kearney, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Kearney, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Kearney, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Kearney, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Kearney, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Kearney, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Kearney, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Kearney, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to find an attorney in Kearney, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Kearney, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Kearney, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Kearney, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Kearney, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.