Auto Accident Lawyer Kirkwood, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Kirkwood, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Kirkwood, MO area. Speak to an experienced Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Kirkwood, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Kirkwood, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Kirkwood, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Kirkwood, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Kirkwood, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Kirkwood, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Kirkwood, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Kirkwood, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Kirkwood, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Kirkwood, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more comprehensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Kirkwood, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Kirkwood, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Kirkwood, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Kirkwood, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Kirkwood, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Kirkwood, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Kirkwood, MO, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Kirkwood, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Kirkwood, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Kirkwood, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. But, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Kirkwood, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Kirkwood, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Kirkwood, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Kirkwood, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident as some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Kirkwood, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Kirkwood, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Kirkwood, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Kirkwood, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Kirkwood, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find an attorney in Kirkwood, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Kirkwood, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Kirkwood, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Kirkwood, MO auto accident lawyer team a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Kirkwood, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.