Auto Accident Lawyer Knob Noster, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Knob Noster, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Knob Noster, MO area. Speak to an experienced Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Knob Noster, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Knob Noster, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Knob Noster, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Knob Noster, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Knob Noster, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Knob Noster, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Knob Noster, MO?
Although there are some potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Knob Noster, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Knob Noster, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Knob Noster, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Knob Noster, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Knob Noster, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Knob Noster, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Knob Noster, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Knob Noster, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Knob Noster, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Knob Noster, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Knob Noster, MO car accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Knob Noster, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the amount of compensation will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Knob Noster, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to look into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Knob Noster, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Knob Noster, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. According to the Burger Law Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Knob Noster, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Knob Noster, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Knob Noster, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Knob Noster, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Knob Noster, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Knob Noster, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable lawyer who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Knob Noster, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Knob Noster, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Knob Noster, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Knob Noster, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is critical to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Knob Noster, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Knob Noster, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Knob Noster, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always make sure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Knob Noster, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Knob Noster, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Knob Noster, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Knob Noster, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.