Auto Accident Lawyer Lake Ozark, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Lake Ozark, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Lake Ozark, MO area. Talk with an experienced Lake Ozark, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Lake Ozark, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Lake Ozark, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Lake Ozark, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Lake Ozark, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Lake Ozark, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Lake Ozark, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Lake Ozark, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Lake Ozark, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Lake Ozark, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Lake Ozark, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Lake Ozark, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be difficult to pinpoint an exact amount as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Lake Ozark, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Lake Ozark, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Lake Ozark, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Lake Ozark, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Lake Ozark, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Lake Ozark, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Lake Ozark, MO case right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Lake Ozark, MO?
As the purpose of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Lake Ozark, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Lake Ozark, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Lake Ozark, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Lake Ozark, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Lake Ozark, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Lake Ozark, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is important to keep a level head in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the best results from your claim in Lake Ozark, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Lake Ozark, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Lake Ozark, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Lake Ozark, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Lake Ozark, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Lake Ozark, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Lake Ozark, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. We are also experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Lake Ozark, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Lake Ozark, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate an attorney who has a good reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Lake Ozark, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate an attorney in Lake Ozark, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our team always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Contact a Burger Law Lake Ozark, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Lake Ozark, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Lake Ozark, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Lake Ozark, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.