Auto Accident Lawyer Lincoln County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Lincoln County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Lincoln County, MO area. Speak to an experienced Lincoln County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Lincoln County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Lincoln County, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Lincoln County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Lincoln County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Lincoln County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Lincoln County, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Lincoln County, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Call one of our Lincoln County, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Lincoln County, MO?
Although there are some possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Lincoln County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Lincoln County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Lincoln County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Lincoln County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Lincoln County, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Lincoln County, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Lincoln County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Lincoln County, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Lincoln County, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Lincoln County, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Lincoln County, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Lincoln County, MO, they lead to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Lincoln County, MO car crash lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Lincoln County, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Lincoln County, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Lincoln County, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. But, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Lincoln County, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Lincoln County, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Lincoln County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Lincoln County, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so your Lincoln County, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Lincoln County, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Lincoln County, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not approve a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Lincoln County, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Lincoln County, MO, it is integral to do your research and locate the right lawyer for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Lincoln County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different areas of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Lincoln County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to locate a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Lincoln County, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to find a lawyer in Lincoln County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Lincoln County, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other auto accident lawyer near Lincoln County, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Lincoln County, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Lincoln County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.