Auto Accident Lawyer Macon, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Macon, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Macon, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Macon, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Macon, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Macon, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Macon, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Macon, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Macon, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Macon, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to get the financial compensation for the recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Macon, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Macon, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Macon, MO?
Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Macon, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Macon, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Macon, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, most of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Macon, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Macon, MO?
Once you are injured in a Macon, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Macon, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Macon, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Macon, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Macon, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Macon, MO auto accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Macon, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Macon, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are instances where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive financial compensation if you were partially to blame; but, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Macon, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Macon, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Macon, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently startling and frightening. But, it is important to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Macon, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Macon, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Macon, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Macon, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should additionally swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Macon, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Macon, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is necessary to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Macon, MO. We will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Macon, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Macon, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Macon, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Macon, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Macon, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find a lawyer in Macon, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick a lawyer. Our team always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Macon, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other Macon, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Macon, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Macon, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.