Auto Accident Lawyer Manchester, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Manchester, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Manchester, MO area. Speak to an experienced Manchester, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Manchester, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Manchester, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Manchester, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Manchester, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Manchester, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Manchester, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Manchester, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Manchester, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Manchester, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that take place.
Some of the common causes of Manchester, MO auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Manchester, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Manchester, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. However, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Manchester, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Manchester, MO?
Once you are injured in a Manchester, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Manchester, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Manchester, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Manchester, MO case right away and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Manchester, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Manchester, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Manchester, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Manchester, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions where the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still receive a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Manchester, MO attorney to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Manchester, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Manchester, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. But, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Manchester, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Manchester, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Manchester, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. Do not move anyone who is severely injured until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Manchester, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Manchester, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Manchester, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Manchester, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not experience symptoms right away after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car crash, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Manchester, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Manchester, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Manchester, MO, it is important to do your research and find the right lawyer for the finer points of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Manchester, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different areas of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Manchester, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Manchester, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate an attorney in Manchester, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you are in the know on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Manchester, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Manchester, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Manchester, MO auto accident lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Manchester, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.