Auto Accident Lawyer Marshfield, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Marshfield, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Marshfield, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Marshfield, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Marshfield, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Marshfield, MO car crash claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Marshfield, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Marshfield, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Marshfield, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Marshfield, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation for the recovery you need for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Marshfield, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Marshfield, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Marshfield, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are some possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Marshfield, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Marshfield, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise amount as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Marshfield, MO, or anywhere for that matter. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Marshfield, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Marshfield, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Marshfield, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Marshfield, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Marshfield, MO auto accident. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Marshfield, MO claim immediately and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Marshfield, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling element in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Marshfield, MO car accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Marshfield, MO, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Marshfield, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially to blame; however, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Marshfield, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Marshfield, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Marshfield, MO?
Car crashes are never a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the finest results from your claim in Marshfield, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Marshfield, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Marshfield, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Marshfield, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of the authorities arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Marshfield, MO car accident lawyer can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Marshfield, MO area after a car accident. With some injuries, adrenaline can frequently disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, it is necessary to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Marshfield, MO. We will be able to figure out precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Marshfield, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Marshfield, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Marshfield, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Marshfield, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Marshfield, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in Marshfield, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our team always make sure you updated on what is going on with your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Contact a Burger Law Marshfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Marshfield, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Marshfield, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Marshfield, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.