Auto Accident Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Maryland Heights, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim might be worth in Maryland Heights, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Maryland Heights, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Maryland Heights, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Maryland Heights, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Maryland Heights, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyers can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Call one of our Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyers right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially discuss your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Maryland Heights, MO?
Although there are several possible dangerous conditions and events outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the common causes of Maryland Heights, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Maryland Heights, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Maryland Heights, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Maryland Heights, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Maryland Heights, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Maryland Heights, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Maryland Heights, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Maryland Heights, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Maryland Heights, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the severity of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement could be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the capabilities of your Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyer:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to more time lost from work in Maryland Heights, MO and higher medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your accident, you would receive $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Maryland Heights, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical experts in the Maryland Heights, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Maryland Heights, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is important to keep a level head following an accident. According to the Burger Law Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to receive the best results from your claim in Maryland Heights, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Maryland Heights, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are severe injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Maryland Heights, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 demands Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Maryland Heights, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the road surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks may be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Maryland Heights, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is essential to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Maryland Heights, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident attorney will know the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Maryland Heights, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Maryland Heights, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Maryland Heights, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose a lawyer. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Contact a Burger Law Maryland Heights, MO Auto Accident Attorney
No matter if it is some other Maryland Heights, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Maryland Heights, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Maryland Heights, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.