Auto Accident Lawyer Maryville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Maryville, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Maryville, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Maryville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim may be worth in Maryville, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Maryville, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Maryville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Maryville, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Maryville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Maryville, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Maryville, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Maryville, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Maryville, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible dangerous events and conditions outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the common causes of Maryville, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Maryville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Maryville, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Maryville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Maryville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Maryville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Maryville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are harmed by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Maryville, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Maryville, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Maryville, MO?
As the meaning of an auto accident settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Maryville, MO car crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Maryville, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Maryville, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded financial compensation if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are 30 percent to blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Maryville, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of medical and economic experts in the Maryville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately value your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement in negotiation, you will need a knowledgeable trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Maryville, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of a crash. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Maryville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most critical thing in a Maryville, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you can and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel arrive, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Maryville, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Maryville, MO are trained to offer an official account of what happened in crashes, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the crash. A lack of tire marks could be sufficient to prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the authorities arresting them.
You should additionally exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were bystanders who could be eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Maryville, MO auto accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Maryville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently mask pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case. An experienced, professional attorney who fights back against resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Maryville, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are experienced trial lawyers, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Selecting an Auto Accident Lawyer in Maryville, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Maryville, MO, it is important to do your research and find the ideal lawyer for the specifics of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Maryville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Maryville, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Maryville, MO area.
- Communication: It is vital to locate a lawyer in Maryville, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select a lawyer. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Maryville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Maryville, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Maryville, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Maryville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.