Auto Accident Lawyer Mehlville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Mehlville, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to turn to in the Mehlville, MO area. Talk with an experienced Mehlville, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Mehlville, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a complete recovery in your Mehlville, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Mehlville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Mehlville, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Mehlville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Mehlville, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Mehlville, MO auto accident attorneys can focus all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Mehlville, MO auto accident lawyers a call right now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are ready to confidentially talk about the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Mehlville, MO?
Although there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Mehlville, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Mehlville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
It can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Mehlville, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries calling for more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Mehlville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Mehlville, MO?
Once you are injured in a Mehlville, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Mehlville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 states that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Mehlville, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Mehlville, MO case immediately and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Mehlville, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Mehlville, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Mehlville, MO and larger medical expenses, they lead to higher settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Mehlville, MO auto accident lawyer might have the skills to get you more, there are times where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; however, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Mehlville, MO lawyer to combat the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Mehlville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Mehlville, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. However, it is crucial to keep a level head following a crash. According to the Burger Law Mehlville, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to get the premier results from your claim in Mehlville, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Mehlville, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and away from oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Mehlville, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Police in Mehlville, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Mehlville, MO auto accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Mehlville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not experience symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often disguise pain after an accident.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is necessary to find an informed lawyer who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Mehlville, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not accept a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. Additionally, we are experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Mehlville, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Mehlville, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right lawyer for the particulars of your case. Here are some key factors to ponder:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Mehlville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Mehlville, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Mehlville, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Mehlville, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these procedures. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Mehlville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Mehlville, MO or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Mehlville, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Mehlville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.