Auto Accident Lawyer Monett, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Monett, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Monett, MO area. Talk with an experienced Monett, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in a car crash, find out how much your claim may be worth in Monett, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law lawyers fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Monett, MO auto accident claim. Our legal team has successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Monett, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. Our lawyers will not stop until obtaining a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Monett, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Monett, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Monett, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Monett, MO auto accident attorneys can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights, making sure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Monett, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are able to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Monett, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are some potentially dangerous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, the majority of car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Monett, MO auto accidents are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Monett, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Monett, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more comprehensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Monett, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Monett, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Monett, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Monett, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the 5 years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Monett, MO auto accident. Do not prolong this, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Monett, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Monett, MO?
As the purpose of an auto crash settlement is to adequately compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the compelling factor in how much your settlement may be. Other aspects include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Monett, MO car crash lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more severe injuries lead to more time lost from work in Monett, MO and higher medical expenses, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Monett, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are occasions where you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; but, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need a skilled and aggressive Monett, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Monett, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Monett, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often startling and frightening. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head following an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Monett, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Monett, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians arrive, and alert other vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. Call the Monett, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Police in Monett, MO are trained to provide an official account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable. It is also the law.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take photos of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the accident. A lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Monett, MO car accident attorney will be able to take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Monett, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can frequently mask pain and you may not deal with symptoms immediately after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the twists and turns of your case. An experienced lawyer who pushes back against resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can really get maximum compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Monett, MO. We will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Talking to us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer prior to asking an auto accident lawyer if it is really adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Monett, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Monett, MO, it is integral to do your research and find the right attorney for the finer points of your case. The following are some key aspects to ponder:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer knows the intricacies of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Monett, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys specialize in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Monett, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained due to your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to search for an attorney who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Monett, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate an attorney in Monett, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always make sure you know what is transpiring in your case. We also deal with all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these procedures. Give us a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Monett, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, no matter if it is some other Monett, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Call our Monett, MO auto accident lawyer team today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Monett, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.